We’re excited to launch the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller, Generation 2. Rachio already makes running your sprinklers easy and convenient while saving you water and money. Generation 2 makes it even easier and more affordable. Plus, Rachio now directly integrates with Amazon Echo and Alexa.
Our Generation 1 controller is currently the highest rated and reviewed smart sprinkler controller on the market. It accesses the latest local weather patterns through your Wi-Fi, and automatically optimizes a watering schedule to the specific needs of your yard. The only smart controller that’s both EPA WaterSense certified and SWAT tested, the Generation 1 controller can save users over 50% of their outdoor water use. Plus, the mobile app gives you access to your sprinkler system from anywhere.
This newest version improves on the Generation 1 controller by incorporating customer feedback from our tens of thousands of users. Highlights include:
- Smaller, easier-to-install design. It takes up less space on your wall while allowing more space for wiring in the controller.
- Easier Wi-Fi setup. Simpler connection process that no longer requires the ‘blinkup’ protocol.
- Run zones directly from the controller. Manual access on the box for local control for you or your landscape professional, and LED lights that give a visual indication of what’s happening.
- Additional sensor ports. You can now connect rain and freeze sensors for additional data while we provide a flow sensor connection for future functionality.
- Easier diagnostics and troubleshooting. Auto-detect wiring will automatically detect when wiring for zones is connected to the controller for better diagnostics and troubleshooting. (Coming soon)
- New custom outdoor enclosure option. Custom-designed weatherproof enclosure that protects your controller in all weather situations. Hardwire option included.
New Amazon Echo Integration
We are also announcing our direct integration with Amazon’s Alexa cloud-based voice service to allow for weather delay and zone control commands, simply by using their voice. This is the first direct integration of a smart sprinkler with Alexa and complements our partnership with Amazon’s IoT platform for simple and secure integration with the Alexa platform.
This adds to our list of connected home integrations including Nest, Xfinity, IFTTT, Nexia, Control4, iControl, Alarm.com and more. It’s also compatible with our Generation 1 Smart Sprinkler Controller and demonstrates our continued dedication and upgrades for our current Rachio customers.
Available Today for only $249.99
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller, Generation 2 is now available for only $249.99 and available today on rachio.com as well as Amazon and at Home Depot.
The customer outdoor enclosure for the Generation 2 is also available for only $29.99 on Rachio.com and Amazon.
Interested in learning more about why we created a Generation 2, check out our community post by CTO Franz Garsombke.